The Wenlock Olympian Games – Gliding Competition
The 2016 Wenlock Olympian Games managed four contest days, one of the highest competition day counts of the year so far. Adrian Emck was the Gold Medal winner flying his ASK6.
The Wenlock Olympian Gliding Competition is:
- a single handicapped class open to any wooden or fabric covered glider
- seven day event starting Sunday and finishing Saturday to allow travel time at weekends
- a low attendance fee to keep the costs down
- small and inexpensive fun day winner prizes
- Wenlock Olympian Society Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for the top three pilots
- Tasks set every flyable day along with met briefings
- pilots who don’t want to compete welcome to take part on a hors concours basis
- Launch by winch only or bungee on suitable days
We at Midland Gliding Club want to promote low cost grass roots gliding and where better to do it than at one of the UK’s oldest gliding clubs. We can offer thermal, ridge and wave conditions and winch launches to almost 3000′ asl, a rapid retrieve winch system, bungee launching in suitable conditions, professional catering, on site accommodation, caravan parking and a dedicated camping area.
The next Wenlock Olympian Games – Gliding will take place at the Longmynd in 2020.
Call the MGC office on 01588 650206 or email email@example.com for details.
Midland Gliding Club Ltd is registered in England under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1893 (revised 1965) registration number IP11889R Club number 11889R. Its registered office is at: The Airfield, Longmynd, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 6TA, United Kingdom. The telephone number is +44(0)1588 650206